Monday, October 26, 2009

Using Athletic Portfolios In Our Future Gymnasiums

Tory Doty:
In order to be accepted into the Education Faculty as physical education major, part of our application process was completing and submitting and athletic portfolio. This was my first experience with working with athletic portfolios and I absolutely loved creating mine. In having the opportunity to combine all my previous accomplishments, awards, and successes, I was able to self- evaluate and reflect on the different activities that I have participated in in the past. I look forward to implementing athletic portfolios into a classroom or gymnasium of my own when I am a Phys. Ed teacher. I think these portfolios are a great way to create a strong student-teacher relationship, and allow students to showcase all of their past achievements. Although such a task requires huge organizational planning and skill, in the end it is worth it for my students. I would be more inclined to use athletic portfolio in a high school setting and with students who have a wide range of achievements to highlight. I would plan on creating a system where a portfolio is carried with a student and added to throughout the remainder of the students high school years.


Whitney Kambeitz:
Throughout the education program thus far, I have noticed how many professors use portfolios for assessment. Therefore, I have become very familiar with this type of assessment, and I really approve and appreciate as a student this evaluation technique. I find that I really take pride in my work, and am excited to take on project that are going to be put into my portfolios.
In saying this, I believe that my students will also appreciate the use of portfolios especially in a physical education setting. This will be a good way to keep track of their goals, mark their achievements, and monitor their overall growth throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment